Tuesday 1 November 2011

Mollie Makes corsages and a pretty granny chic curtain.

I just love Mollie Makes magazine. I always, always feel inspired by it and I just have to make at least one of their ' how to's ' myself.
Last night whilst coming down from the Halloween high, I felt the need to make some of their fabric scrap corsages. They seemed uncomplicated and great for that low commitment, crafty high.






I got to work cutting out my variety of circles using my trusty pinking shears. I cut fabric scraps, crochet doilies and felt and I tipped out my vintage buttons. It was all very satisfying and I even managed to watch tv simultaneously.
The results were quick and thrilling.






I am going to use them for parcel decoration. They will be great for my girly friends presents and I can add a little suggestion card with ideas of what they can be used for after present is opened ie, brooch, bag embellishment, the list is endless.
I (well actually it was Mr Betty) also managed to remove the damaged doors from my old kitchenette and then I hang a piece of vintage Sanderson fabric in their place.
I am happy with the results but I am still feeling that I will, eventually, have to re-paint the whole cupboard in a different colour as the dark green just ain't my thing. Think it will now have to wait til spring however.






All opinions welcome. X

1 comment:

  1. wow...love your cupboard, i'm quite liking the green, but I do have a thing for it, so no need to listen to me!! Pretty corsages, I need to get my crafty head in gear, nearly Christmas!!
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete