Tuesday 7 February 2012

Tuesday Book Club 'triple bill'

How are you all? The snow was short lived in my neck of the woods......thank god!
Today I am keeping to my regime and I am recommending not 1, not 2 , but 3 great books.
All 3 are similar but different if that makes any sense.



Modern Vintage Style and Flea Market Style are by the most talented Emily Chalmers of Caravan Style
Whether you consider this to be your bag or not there are a lot of ideas and inspiration to be found amongst the pages in both her words and the beautiful photography. I have sorted out many little corners of my home, areas that I have been unsure how to style, using ideas from both these books. Absolutely wonderful, keep forever books.
The Vintage Home is by Judith Wilson. I am going to be completely honest here and say that although this book is lovely it is a little bit more conservative (in my opinion) than the Emily Chalmers books. That said, it is very cool, and features a bit of bohemia which I am quite into at the mo.



I have put together a few of my fave images from the 3 books, my bathroom is the next thing on my to do list and the above bathroom pic is exactly the look I want, what do you think?

Tomorrow I am going to do a pre fair blog to include a selection of the great items that both Jayne and moi will be taking to the Vintage Village on Sunday.

Very excited. X


Btw, if anyone would like to tell me of any books that I may like please do tell as I am always on the look out for a good read (pictures important too).

2 comments:

  1. yep my favourite is modern vintage style too, it's my favourite bedtime read, a new one to look out for is 'Homespun Style' by Selina Lake, its not out yet but looks good :)
    ps I was hoping to pop along to stockport on sunday, I'll look out for you if I do :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Jane, that would be lovely! You will have such a fab time.
      Thanks for the book recommendation I have put it on my to buy list. X

      Delete