Tuesday 6 March 2012

Oooh Betty at the Vintage Village Spring Fair.




Hello, Today I bring you my pre fair peek at my Vintage haberdashery stash.
This really is my passion. I am at my happiest when surrounded by fabrics, ribbons and buttons.
I don't think I could ever own enough but as I have limited space in my crafty corner I do, every now again, have to de-stash.
I spend a great deal of my thrifting time seeking put the best buttons and vintage SYLKO reels.
I am sure it is a pretty common trait.



I love to sit on my fave sofa with my beloved foot stool, tray on top, piled high with linens etc
I love to package it, mix and match it and wrap it around wooden reels.



The week before the fair Mr Betty often finds me knee deep in barkcloth, tape measure slung around my neck and always looking very content.



This fair I have really embraced my love of all thing of the vintage haberdashery kind.
I will be selling bundles of the most lovely fabrics, patchwork planning is definitely a spring thing.
There will be lovely little reels of genuine vintage ribbon perfect for summer dresses and bunting.
Loads of funky retro towelling just waiting to be made in to outdoor deck chair cushions.



It would be lovely to see you at the fair on Sunday, you can read all about it here.
There will be plenty more treasures beyond the ones I have shown you today. I will continue to be busy in the evenings with my preparations and loving every second of it.



Tomorrow I will be back with stuff for the children. Oooh Betty is a firm believer that there must be treats for the kiddies that visit the fair. This time I have some real treasures.
Thanks for reading and I will keep my fingers crossed that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Xx

Location:Victorian Market Hall Stockport.

No comments:

Post a Comment