Monday 5 March 2012

VintageVillage Spring Fair March 11th







This week is all about Sundays Spring Fair in Stockport.
The Vintage Village is held on the second Sunday of every month and it is well worth a visit. It is held in the Victorian indoor Market hall, bad weather is no problemo. The parking is only metres away and it is even free. Read all about the Spring Fair here.






Travel from afar!
Bring friends and family.
There really is a days worth of things to do.It will take all you vintage treasure hunters quite a few hours to look around the Vintage Village itself and then there is 'The Room At The Top' which houses even more delights of the Vintage kind.






A number of the fab shops that sit around the Victorian Market hall will also be open that day, there is Restore that I blogged about here and many other shops that sell vintage clothes, furniture and housewares.

During the week before the fair I love to blog about the things I will be taking to sell.
I like to get all my stock out and sit amongst it's loveliness whilst cleaning, pricing and taking pics.
I have been pretty busy and I have put together a sneak preview of my treasures that are all destined for my Oooh Betty stall.
Today is retro heaven.







Orange melamine, 70s Staffordshire pottery, West German vases and a bit of kitsch.



The second gathering of delights is 'the other Oooh Betty's' goodies. Glass (she loves her glass), Taunton Vale and some 70s orange kitchenalia.
Anything you fancy for yourself?
I know that I always struggle to part with at least 50% of my stock. This time I must admit a bit of a fondness for the 3 tins....I am such a sucker for tins!

Tomorrow will be a cheeky peek at my vintage fabrics and haberdashery.
Wednesday will bring some Mothers Day inspiration and Thrifty Thursday will be all about the kiddies. Friday, who knows? I'm thinking art??

Are you coming on Sunday? It would be lovely to see you there.
Last month I met 3 fellow bloggers and it was ace.

Thanks for reading and I will be back tomorrow as promised. X


Location:The Indoor Victorian Market Hall, Stockport.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope we can make it!!
    Fate is conspiring against us but we're gonna try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you do. It would be lovely to meet you Mrs Sock. X

      Delete