Saturday 12 January 2013

Thrifty Finds

Hello!
Not the best week for thrifty treasures but I shall share anyway.

Great discounts at Oxfam at the moment. All the Oxfam new stock, which I think is rather fine, is pretty much 99p a piece. I got 2 things that I needed.





A cute little graph paper book with a handy wallet at the back.
May be forced to do some more official designing in the near future.

I also snagged this pretty little tape measure. I desperately needed one of these as my Cath Kidston one snapped. Lets see how long this one lasts.


Enamel kettle







Cool teatowel.
I was delighted to find this enamel kettle for a couple of quid. 
I was keen to try a bit of stove top boiling after being inspired by Instagram pictures of just that.
I quite like the idea of using my new wood burner to heat the water. I will let you know how it goes.

The funky tea towel...75p, could possibly become a cushion cover. 
These finds were all part of a shopping trip booty whilst in Urmston with Mrs Teawagon.
Teawagon also directed me to a lovely, old fashioned wool shop where I stocked up on important supplies and some new yarn for Easter Bunny jumpers.
Mother has been given new directions re knitting designs and is 'on the job' as I type.
I am hoping to introduce my easter Bunnies within the next few days.

Tomorrow I am visiting Vintage Village as a customer.
I am double excited as I am meeting a few friends there and a new baby....can't wait!

Back tomorrow, hopefully revealing some fair treasures.
Thanks for reading. x

5 comments:

  1. I am a bit miffed that you got some lovely 99p bargains at Oxfam, that was the only charity shop in town that I didn't visit today. I absolutely adore the enamel kettle too, I have never seen any enamel kettles or coffee pots round our way, maybe the South East missed out on that trend many moons ago! Looking forward to seeing the Easter bunnies. Have a fab weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...i think these are fine thrifty finds.....hope you have a lovely day tomorrow... my badger arrived yesterday...thank you he's gorgeous and looking forward to play dates with miss daisy's foxy brown! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kettle Emma, and very thrifty to use it on your woodburner!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kettle - very stylish! Hope you have a great time tomorrow - happy hunting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kettle and only £2 great find enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete