Tuesday 30 July 2013

An Idiot Abroad (aged 7 years and 2 months)

Unless visiting a highly interesting place e.g Russia, HongKong etc I have to admit to finding other peoples holiday stories rather boring...sorry!
As I myself have just returned from a most wonderful family holiday in Portugal, I am obviously keen to waffle on about it.  I however, have decided to refrain, and instead I am going to share Littlests holiday journal with you.
He really has managed to capture the essence of our vacation.

By the end of this sorry tale I am sure you will be wondering what on earth this poor child was doing all holiday. I am hoping he only reached for his pen and pad when short of anything better to do which can occur on even the bestest of trips, particularly when you are just 7.
Over to you Mikey.


DAY ONE
taking ages on the plane
I can't go to sleep I wish that baby would shut-up
my Mum and Dad are playing Sudoku I hate it when they do stuff like that.
my brother and my brothers girlfriend had to sit next to a stranger


DAY TWO
got up early today
I got straight in the pool
it is burning hot
 I hate it when it is hot

pushed jack in the pool....me next

loads of rubbish outside our house, I wish people would stop having fags


DAY THREE
going to the shop
I wonder what I will see
got a splinter, I hate them
looking for goggles.....non

loads of newts


DAY FOUR
so bored, I wonder what to do
I just went in the pool
 it was cold
having a walk in the garden....nothing
going to have an adventure with jack later
 went on the adventure with jack, we played Modern Warfare
then we got home


DAY FIVE
got up early....again
then we went to the boring shop
got some sweety guns, they did not work
Jack and Plum are still asleep
met some cats, they are always here
the kittys are on the roof and I can't play with them
having a Barbacue today



DAY SIX
playing survival, that's when you pack some food and stay outside
went to the shop and I bought toys
got up early again
I got out our dinghy
have got in the pool, it is cold
bought a gamer computer it is ferry cool


DAY SEVEN
Jack completed my challenge
I wonder what he will do next
got in the pool and did a front flip
it is the last day. I'll make the most of it!
don't know hat to do except be bored



THE END

I hope you enjoyed this happy go lucky diary, I feel the cost of the holiday was well worth it ;)
Back soon with an update that I hope will be a little more cheery.
Thanks for reading. x



11 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best diary ever, and rather similar to my 11 year old's, who wrote "This is the worst holiday I have ever had!"

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best blogpost ever!...it brings all kind of emotions and i just
    feel like give you a hug Mikey...you are so funny.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you took him away Emma?! Very funny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome. He really sings the praises, doesn't he? My son is just the same age and I don't think he'd be so articulate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first photo is the best picture ever!! Love you Mikey :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mikey - I hope that the summer holds lots more surprises for you!
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's so funny = bless him. The pictures seem to tell a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's HYSTERICAL, I LOVED reading that-I'm going to share it with my 8 yr old tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Emma and mikey, your holiday diary made me laugh till I cried! Really impressed a seven yr old is writing a holiday diary!!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete